To ensure you get the best tan possible:
- Take a shower as normal being sure to shave legs, underarms, etc. and exfoliate afterwards. Avoid bar soaps as this may leave residue that will interfere with the development of the tanning solution. Be careful to rinse off all shampoo and body wash thoroughly.
- Do not apply deodorant. If your appointment is later in the day and you need to apply deodorant, we provide wipes for removal before your service.
- Do not apply moisturizer, lotion, creams or makeup prior to your service. However, if you tend to be overly dry in some areas such as elbows or knees, you may apply a light coat of Velvet Soft Moisturizer in the morning on the day of your appointment.
- Exfoliate with an oil-free product. This is the single most important aspect of your before-appointment regimen. By exfoliating, you are turning your skin into a clean slate for your spray tan consultant. Stay away from spa-type scrubs that contain oils; the residue could cause uneven results. Properly exfoliating with an oil-fee product can increase the life of your tan by up to three days.
- If you condition your hair, do so before you scrub.
- What to wear to your appointment. Our solutions are oil-free, which means they will not stain your clothes, bedsheets, or your couch; however, we do suggest that you wear dark, loose clothing so that your clothing doesn’t rub against the spray tan while it is setting. You may also want to wear sandals. Sock and shoes may cause the ankles and feet to process unevenly.
- Wear lip balm or lipstick to your appointment if you are planning on having your face sprayed.
Menu of Spray Tan Services
After Your Spray Tan
Aviva Spray Tan Products
F.A.Q About Spray Tanning
Spray Tan Client Waiver