All clients will be required to sign the following waiver on their first tanning appointment:
Spray Tan Client Waiver
Welcome to Studio 33 Salon & Spa. Our objective is to help you achieve a beautiful tan and your health and safety is our main concern.
HVLP UV Free Spray-on Tanning
- Your spray on tan color will not provide you with protection from tanning beds or the sun. A broad-spectrum sunscreen is recommended for protection against overexposure to UVA/UVB rays.
- The tanning solution contains color that may transfer to clothing, furniture or car seats. The tanning solution is water-based so washing will always remove the color, with the exception of silk fabrics. We suggest bringing a towel to cover your car seat and tanning in an old bathing suit or undergarment if you choose to wear one. Studio 33 Salon & Spa is not responsible for potential stains to clothing or upholstery. We will provide disposable bikini bottoms for your convenience.
- If you have sensitive skin or allergies to sunless tanning products containing DHA, or if you are unsure whether you may be allergic to DHA, we suggest consulting your physician prior to tanning. Allergic reactions such as minor skin rash are extremely rare and can usually be alleviated by a simple shower. If you have never used a sunless tanning product, you may choose to have a patch test 24 hours before the full body application.
- During the tanning process your tanning professional may have to touch your body to properly position you for application and to remove excess product. You will be advised of any contact before it occurs.
- It is important to follow written and verbal instructions provided by your tanning technician. Failure to do so may adversely affect your tanning results.
- Duration of your tan is based on many factors such as skin condition, exfoliation rate, lifestyle, etc. Studio 33 Salon & Spa has no control over these factors and makes no claims with regard to duration. Maintaining your sunless tan requires regular proper care. Consult your tanning professional for tips, aftercare instructions and products to maximize your sunless tanning results.
Pregnant women should consult a physician prior to using sunless products. Please check one:
- I am not pregnant_______
- I am pregnant, and have discussed sunless airbrush tanning with my physician_______.
I have read and understand the above statements and hold Studio 33 Salon & Spa harmless with regard to any and all claims.
Allergies: Yes ___ No ___ Type _________________
Skin Problems: Yes ___ No ___ Type ____________
If you are under 18 years of age, parent or legal guardian must sign or accompany minor child.
BEFORE YOUR SUNLESS TAN:
- In the shower, shave legs, underarms, etc. and exfoliate the skin afterwards with a pH-balanced, pre-tan scrub, such as our Aviva Labs Exfoliant. Avoid bar soaps and moisturizing spa-type scrubs as some may leave residue which interferes with the development of tanning solutions. It is important that you use an exfoliant intended for use before application of a DHA product. Studio 33 Salon & Spa carries preparation and tan maintenance products for your convenience.
- If you condition your hair, do so before you scrub. Do not apply deodorant, lotions, or perfumed products after your shower.
- Clients should wear an old, dark swimsuit, or undergarments, during their session. Some clients purchase an inexpensive swimsuit dedicated to their tanning sessions.
- Wear dark, loose clothing, and sandals to your session. Tight or restrictive clothing will damage your developing tan. A jogging suit or long cotton sun-dress, and flip-flops are ideal.
- Wear lip balm or lipstick to your appointment.
- NOTE: Female clients under the age of 18 must have consent of legal guardian.
- Be assured that we are professionals and will make every effort to accommodate your needs and make you as comfortable as possible whatever you choose to wear.
- While we have pre-tan products for use immediately before your session that can help the tanning solution adhere and develop properly, there is no substitute for your personal preparation. The DHA solution will continue to develop over the next 24 hours and usually lasts up to 7-10 days depending on hydration and exfoliation, and individual body chemistry.
Menu of Spray Tan Services
Before Your Spray Tan
After Your Spray Tan
Aviva Spray Tan Products
F.A.Q About Spray Tanning